Benkill 250 : Each Tablet contains Cefuroxime Axetil 250 mg.
Benkill (Cefuroxime) is indicated in the treatment of:
1. Upper respiratory tract infections: for example, ear, nose and throat infections such as
otitis media, sinusitis, tonsillitis and pharyngitis.
2. Lower respiratory tract infections: for example, acute bronchitis, acute exacerbations of
chronic bronchitis and pneumonia.
3. Skin and soft tissue infections: such as furunculosis, pyoderma, and impetigo.
4. Genito-urinary tract infections: such as pyelonephritis, urethritis, and cystitis.
5. Gonorrhoea: acute uncomplicated gonococcal urethritis, and cervicitis.
6. Early Lyme disease & subsequent prevention of late Lyme disease.
Dosage & Administration:
Adults: Most infections will respond to 250 mg b.i.d. In mild to moderate lower respiratory tract infections e.g. bronchitis 250 mg b.i.d. should be given. For more severe lower respiratory tract infections, or if pneumonia is suspected then 500 mg b.i.d. should be given. For urinary tract infections a dose of 125 mg b.i.d. is usually adequate; in pyelonephritis the recommended dose is 250 mg b.i.d. A single dose of one gram is recommended for the treatment of uncomplicated gonorrhoea. Lyme disease in adults and children over the age of 12 years: the recommended dose is 500 mg b.i.d. for 20 days.
Each box contains 2 x 7 tablets in Alu-Alu Blister pack.